Basic Vibratory and Grounding Exercise
Exercise 1 / Basic vibratory and grounding exercise:
Stand with feet about 10" apart, toes slightly turned in so as to stretch some of the muscles of the buttocks.
Bend forward and touch the floor with the fingers of both hands as in figure 2.
The knees should be slightly bent. No weight should be on the hands; all the body weight is in the feet. Let the head drop as much as possible.
Breathe through your mouth easily and deeply. Make sure to keep breathing. (Forget about breathing through your nose for the time being.)
Let the weight of your body go forward so that it is on the balls of the feet. The heels can be slightly raised. Straighten the knees slowly until the hamstring muscles at the back of the legs are stretched. However, the knees should not be fully straightened or locked.
Hold the position for about one minute. Breathe easily and deeply.
* Do you feel the vibrations in your legs?
* Are they stronger than when you did the exercise earlier?
Now, let yourself come up to a standing position with your knees
slightly bent. Relax.
* Are your legs still vibrating?
* How do you sense your feet in relation to the floor?
* Are you more aware of your legs and feet? Do they feel more "there" for you?
Excerpt from Lowen & Lowen, The Way to Vibrant Health (1977)